List of Administrators
|Administrator||Admin Since||Away Status|
|Avasjanitor||February 19, 2015||Active|
|Tomtarlach||March 10, 2017||Active|
|DarknessVoid||March 10, 2017||Active|
|DonCaptain||Founder of the wiki||Inactive|
The roles of an admin include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version they prefer in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.
Requirements of becoming an administrator
There are specific requirements that must be ensured before someone can apply to become an administrator:
- Must be a registered user
- Must have regular contributions to the wiki in the month leading up to application
- Must not be the administrator of another wiki
- Has not been blocked at any time on the wiki
- Has not been warned of any rule violation in a month prior to application
- Has a minimum of 20 edits on the wiki
- Has knowledge and experience in web design (specifically HTML5 and CSS)
However, it adds to your chances if:
- You make an effort to talk to other users
- You have created articles for the Ava's Demon wiki
- Your edits have contributed important information and have followed the Manual of Style
Applying to become an administrator
If you feel that you meet all the requirements listed above, you are able to apply. To do so, you must make a blog entry and fill out the following format:
Number of edits:
Date of your first edit:
Why you think you should be admin:
When you have created this blog entry, feel free to leave a comment here with a link, or link Avasjanitor directly.